- Describe the importance of measurement for software projects
- Select the appropriate chart type to present data most effectively
- Define processes and describe process characteristics
- Define their own metrics and collect and analyze the relevant data, build measure and analyze their own processes
- Manage project risk using data
- Communicate project status to stakeholders using data
- Capture and use historical data
Module 1: Introduction to software measurement and analysis
- Value of software to business
- Role of the software engineer
- Why, what, how we measure?
- Key stakeholder perspectives
- What is measurement?
- Direct and indirect measures
- Subjective measures
- What is data?
- Data presentation
Module 2: Software metrics and process & methodology
- What is a software measurement plan?
- Steps for implementing a software measurement program
- Goal-question-metric (GQM)
- Measurement principles
- Processes and methodologies
- Methodology differences
- Measuring methodologies
Module 3: Scheduling measurement and analysis
- What is a schedule (traditional projects)?
- How to check for schedule errors
- Why create a baseline?
- Agile differences
Module 4: Productivity measurement and analysis
- Productivity goals
- Productivity defined
- Measuring productivity is difficult
- Software productivity drivers
- Laws of software productivity
Module 5: Budget and Earned Value measurement and analysis
- What is a budget?
- What are resources?
- Budgeting functions
- Budget types and budgeting approaches
- Additional financial tools
- What is earned value
- Earned value steps
- Earned value terminology
Module 6: Quality measurement and analysis
- Defining software quality
- Stakeholder perspectives
- Traditional software requirements measures
- Quality dimensions
- m.a.r.t quality goals
- Software quality management process
Module 7: Risk management
- What is a risk?
- Levels of risk management
- Types of risks
- Element of risk management
- How to document a risk?
- Reporting project risks
- Communicating risks
Module 8: Change management
- Why manage change?
- What do we mean by change?
- Change alternatives
- How to manage change?
- Avoiding common problems
Module 9: Customer satisfaction
- What is ‘Done’, ‘Quality’, and ‘Success’?
- Cost to attract new customers
- Agile versus traditional
- Measuring satisfaction and goals
- Best practices
Module 10: Estimation and historical data
- Estimating goals
- Estimation methods
- Estimation using historical data
- Agile estimation
Module 11: Communicating with stakeholders
- Develop a project communication plan
- Status reporting
- Negotiating with stakeholders
- Estimates versus commitments
Module 12: Experimenting and Pitfalls
- What is the experimenting?
- Data collection
- Measurement process
- What is good data
- Common measurement pitfalls
This course is intended for those as below:
- IT/Software Manager
- IT/Project Manager
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Quality Assurance Engineer
- IT/Software Engineer
- Any one who interested in Measurement and Analysis
Class training methods
- CUSTOMISED: Our tailor-made solutions are in line with your business goals, drawing on best practices and proven approaches
- RESULT-ORIENTED: Our primary objective is the enhancement of business results through continuous evaluation for maintaining focus and accountability
- COST-EFFECTIVE: Our customized and simple solutions are highly cost-effective
- TARGETED: We use a combination of approaches and techniques to meet the objectives of our individual clients and organizational needs
- PROCESS-ORIENTED: Our training programs are process focused, not process bound. We apply standard tools for process streamlining
- IMPROVEMENT FOCUSED: Our techniques involve robust evaluation, open and honest communication and on-going process upgrading for continuous improvement.
- IMPACTFUL: Our experts leverage powerful solutions that can deliver the right impetus to your business
Public Training Schedule
|Phone: +84 (0)862 718 187
|Please click below link to view our public training schedule|
APEX Global and Vinsys has signed strategic partnership
Vinsys is one of the leading global training and consulting ...
The Service Desk Institute is the worldwide professional
The International Software Quality Institute (iSQI®) is a
The Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM) is the
International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) is an
SCRUM ALLIANCE® is a membership organization that